Cookies are small text files that are placed or stored on your device (computer, tablet or mobile device) when you visit a website. Cookies enable the website to recognise you, help you browse from page to page, provide you with secure connections and remember your preferences the next time you visit.
The user can disable cookies placed on their device at any time. To do so, all you need do is to select the appropriate settings in your browser. However, disabling cookies may in consequence prevent access to some of the website’s functionalities that make it possible for the services offered to be personalised.
Different types of cookies uses
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies allow you to browse the website and are essential for its proper operation. Disabling them will lead to difficulties in using the website and will result in a loss of access to certain functionalities.
- Functional cookies: these cookies make it possible to memorise your preferences and choices in order to personalise your experience on the website.
- Performance and statistical cookies: these cookies collect information on the way in which visitors use the website (the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, visitor activity) via Google Analytics analysis tools. These cookies allow us to identify and resolve problems with the website’s operation and improve it.
To manage cookies and your choices, each browser’s configuration is different. This is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you find out how to modify your cookie preferences.
Disabling cookies in different browsers
- In the menu, click on “Settings”, then “Advanced”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab, then the menu “Content settings”.
- Tick the “Block third party cookies and site data” box and save your preferences by clicking on “OK”.
- In the menu at the top of the page, click on “Tools”, then “Options”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab.
- Go to the “Firefox will” menu, click on “use custom settings for history”.
- Untick the box “Accept third party cookies” and save your preferences by clicking on “OK”.
- In the menu at the top of the page, click on “Safari”, then “Preferences”.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Untick the “Accept cookies” box and save your preferences.
- In the “Tools” menu, select “Internet Options”.
- Then click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Click on “Advanced” to bring up the “Advanced privacy settings” window.
- Then tick the “Override automatic cookie handling” box, then select “Refuse” and save your preferences by clicking on “OK”.
Data management module
Our company provides website users with a module allowing them to object to the website’s cookies being deposited. To do so, the visitor can click on the “Customise” button on the information banner that lists the purposes for the cookies being deposited, or click on the “My Account” tab, and go to the “My Cookies” section. You can modify your choices via the “My Cookies” section at any time.